How to Disinfect Your Smartphone-Do you give less attention to keeping your smartphone hygienic? It is very necessary to ensure you disinfect your smartphone regularly, especially in this era of coronavirus outbreak and common flu. Meanwhile, chemical disinfectants have been reported to be very effective for cleaning your smartphone.
Unarguably, studies revealed that smartphones are a breeding ground for germs and other infectious organisms, making it very necessary to learn the habit of cleaning our smartphone regularly. That’s certainly true for the novel coronavirus, which studies suggest may survive on surfaces for hours or even days.
When disinfecting your smartphone, there are still some chemical disinfecting agents you must avoid. Meanwhile, some agents and methods which you think are better may cause permanent damage to the screen of your smartphone. In this article, we’re going to tell you the best methods to disinfect your smartphone, and which chemical products to avoid.
Disinfecting your Phone with wipes(Isopropyl) and not Ethanol
Therefore, in making our choice for the kind of cleaning agents to use on our smartphone. It is important to put in mind the concentration of the constituents. meanwhile, some experts suggest the mix of alcohol and water, as we said at the beginning of this article, getting the right proportion of the mixture cannot be overemphasized.
Additionally, the use of disinfectant wipes on our phone screens is also safe. However, you can spray a nonabrasive or alcohol-based (70% isopropyl) disinfectant directly on a soft lint-free cloth and wipe down your device while it is powered down and unplugged.
How to clean your Smartphone Regularly
Even though the global health regulatory bodies (WHO and CDC) has not specified that cleaning and disinfecting your smartphone will help reduce the risk of getting infected with the virus. But, it is also worthy of our common knowledge to note that frequently we touch our devices, texting on the toilet, and these increase the chances of contaminating our mobile devices.
1. If the phone case is washable, take it out of its case, give the case a good rinse in warm water and let it air dry.
2. With the use, of felt-tipped swabs in the Phone Cleaning Kit gently swab around the earpiece, speaker grills, and various ports on your phone.
3. While swabbing be careful not to leave any fibers behind or dislodge any pieces inside the port.
4. Take a Zeiss Mobile Screen Wipe and wipe down the screen and body of the phone. While the Zeiss Wipe doesn’t have the harsh chemicals Lysol or Clorox wipes will, its evaporative pre-moistened solution should still be enough to remove the top layer of grime and germs from your phone.
5. If you notice the remnants of any streaks after using the Zeiss wipe, use a microfiber cloth to wipe the screen clear of streaks.
6. Once the phone and case are both completely dry, then fix your case to your phone.
“Meanwhile, let’s know if this post was helpful by sharing your opinion using the comments box below and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms”