The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of California, USA, is currently accepting applications for the 2024/2025 academic year. This program is open to African students who are interested in pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies in the USA.
The MasterCard Scholars Program at the University of California, Berkeley, is designed to provide the next generation of leaders who are committed to social and economic transformation on the African continent with access to quality education. The scholarship covers tuition fees and a stipend for successful applicants.
To be considered for the 2024/2025 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of California, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. Applicants who are refugees, stateless, or have other questions regarding their citizenship may still be eligible.
- Possess excellent academic credentials and must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the scholarship.
- Demonstrate that they come from an economically disadvantaged background, especially extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- Demonstrate that they will give back to their community, country, or continent. They should be able to elaborate on their application to UC Berkeley and later on the scholarship application.
- Express their desire and intention to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
Both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first apply for admission into the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundations Program Scholarship. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the scholarship and submit all required documents alongside the application for admission. The application deadline is ongoing.
For more information, please visit the official website.
The Sani Bello Foundation Scholarship Programme shines brightly as a beacon of hope for tertiary institution students throughout Nigeria, providing crucial financial support to those facing...
The ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID) is a crucial international financial institution established by the 15 ECOWAS Member States in West Africa. Headquartered in Lomé, Togo, the...