The Humphrey Fellowship Program is a non-degree program that provides experienced professional with the opportunity to improve their leadership skills via the mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues that raise concern in the United States as well as the Fellows’ country of origin.
- Type: Non-degree program
- Deadline: before 1 Oct (annual)
- Country of study: USA
- Program starts: Apr-Sept 2024
Several US universities participate in this program and each fellow is placed in one of these universities. Candidates are not given the choice of which university they will be attending. They are assigned in diverse groups of seven to fifteen people to the institution which is most appropriate to their area of interest and professional field.
A list of host universities is available on this link: https://humphreyfellowship.org/host-universities
Level/Field of study:
Since the Humphrey Fellowship is a non-degree program, it provides fellows with several opportunities for professional development. This is achieved through selected university courses, networking, attending conferences, and practical work experiences. The following fields are eligible for the Humphrey Fellowship Program:
- Business and economics: Economic Development, Finance and Banking, Human Resource Management
- Education: Educational Administration, Planning and Policy, Higher Education Administration, Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Public policy: Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration, Technology Policy and Management, Urban and Regional Planning, Agricultural and Rural Development
- Health: HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention, Public Health Policy and Management, Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
Number of Awards:
Every year, around 200 fellowships are awarded.
The eligibility requirements can be found by entering the link below:
The Fellowship provides the following for successful applicants:
• Full coverage of tuition and fees at the host university;
• If necessary, pre-academic English language training;
• A living stipend including a one-time settling-in stipend;
• Health insurance;
• A book allowance;
• A computer subsidy (one time);
• Airfare including international travel to and from the United States as well as domestic travel to required program events;
• A Professional Development allowance to cover professional activities, for instance field trips, professional visits and conferences.
The applicant must have:
• An undergraduate degree,
• Professional experience of at least five years in full-time positions,
• Very little or no experience in the United States,
• Proven leadership qualities,
• A record of public community service, and
• English language proficiency.
For specific requirements, make sure you get in touch with the Public Affairs Section at the United States Embassy or with the Fulbright Commission in your country of residence.
The deadline for application varies by country but is generally between May and September of each year. The nominating body (US Embassy or Fulbright commission) will notify you of their internal deadline for the reception of applications. The nominating bodies must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by October 1st, therefore the deadline for you will be before this date.
For more detailed informations about the application process, please refer to the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or Bi-national Fulbright Commission in your country of residence.
You can also read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) by visiting the following link to obtain more information on how you can apply for this fellowship: https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/frequently-asked-questions
Official Humphrey Fellowship Website: http://humphreyfellowship.org/
The Genevieve Mcmillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Scholarship is a remarkable opportunity for students from sub-Saharan Africa to further their education at Sciences Po in France. This scholarship,...
The University of Toronto is excited to offer the Metro International Secondary Academy Award of Excellence for the 2024/2025 academic year. This scholarship will be awarded to domestic or...