The Sara Scholarship application for 2020 is open for suitably qualified applicants who are eligible. The scholarship program offers an opportunity to mean female students who is excellent academically, possesses good character, and a good sportsman. If you’re this kind of Student, you reside in the USA, and you are in need of financial support for your education, then the Sara scholarship is for you.
The Sara Scholarship program was established in 2012 as part of the final will of Sara Sheehan, who passed away in 2011. The award is funded through the Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation, which is granted every year to female high school seniors who plan to pursue a college degree and who demonstrate academic achievement, the excellence of character, financial need and active engagement with the sport of golf.
Are you are an international student who wishes to study in the UK, this opportunity is for you. Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
International students looking for a scholarship to Study Abroad are eligible to apply
However, the $2,000 annually, is renewable for up to three additional years for a total of $8,000. Scholarships are to be used toward tuition, books, board, and other college expenses.
Read Also; Coca Cola Scholarship 2020-2021
Eligibility/Requirements for Sara Scholarship
To be eligible for the Sara Scholarship, applicants must
- Be female
- Be high school seniors with the intention to graduate at the end of the school year
- Meet entrance requirements and plan to enroll at an accredited college or university in the United States
- Have a cumulative minimum unweighted GPA (grade point average) of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate excellent character and active involvement with the sport of golf. Skill in playing golf is not a criterion
- Examples include playing golf as a hobby or as part of a team, working at a golf course, as a caddy or in a pro shop, and any other direct, active engagement with the sport
The application must include.
- Completed Sara Scholarship Application form
- Copy of Official High School Transcript (including Fall semester grades from the senior year)
- Applicant’s personal essay (see section VI of application)
- Copy of applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR), including the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- In order to qualify for the Sara Scholarship, you must first file a Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) with the U.S. Department of
- Education to determine your eligibility for student aid. It is extremely important to do this as soon as possible, as the application
- takes time to process and deadlines vary from state to state. Once your application is processed, the Department of Education will
- send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) detailing your eligibility for aid
- ONE letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor or administrator such as a principal. As an alternative, a letter of recommendation from a local business or professional person is acceptable. Please send only ONE letter of recommendation
The completed Sara Scholarship application and all supporting documents (see application checklist above) must be put in the same envelope and postmarked on or before April 30, 2020.
How to Apply for Sara Scholarship
Meanwhile, interested applicants who are eligible to apply can proceed with the application process b visiting the official website to download the PDF file of the application form
“Meanwhile, let’s know if this post was helpful by sharing your opinion, using the comments box below and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms”