Most often when some pregnant mothers begin to notice baldness, they usually have a sad feeling which is accompanied by a feeling of low self-esteem, for some it may lead them to have tension and depression. In this post, you will discover in detail how to Prevent Pattern Baldness in Women During Pregnancy.
What is Baldness? (Alopecia)
However, baldness, which is otherwise known as hair loss or alopecia, means loss of hair from the head or any other parts of the body, usually as a result of hormonal imbalance or iron deficiency which occurs during pregnancy.
The abnormal and excessive loss of hair which is noticed within 1-6 months of pregnancy is called Telogen effluvium. Hair loss in women is mostly triggered by anything that causes alteration of estrogen level
Causes of Baldness in pregnant Women
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Miscarriage or stillbirth
- Changes in weight or diet
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Zinc deficiency.
- Inflammation of the hair follicles (Folliclities)
- medications, like birth control pills.
How to Prevent Pattern Baldness in Women During Pregnancy.
- Ensure you eat food rich in protein, vitamins, zinc, protein, sweet potatoes and spinach
- Take some supplements such as Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Biotin, saw palmetto and ginseng
- Make out time to care for your hair by, washing it regularly, applying coconut and olive oil, Gentle styling, and hair processing
- Apply gentle massage on the scalp for stimulation of the blood vessel to enhance blood circulation.
- Engage in some exercises such as yoga
- Keep yourself hydrateD
- Get an expert opinion, by talking to your doctor.
- Protect your hair and scalp from the sun
- Avoid vigorous or frequent brushing and combing
However, if your hair loss continues, you need to consider seeing a trichologist, (hair doctor) for more advice and recommendations.
“Meanwhile, let’s know if this post was helpful by sharing your opinion, using the comments box below and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms”