Facebook Messenger Kids is a video chat, messaging and privacy-focused app designed for kids to communicate with family and close friends anytime they wish to do so.
However, While kids use Messenger Kids, parents can connect with them using their Messenger app. Approved adults can easily message and video chat with their kids via the Messenger app and there is no additional app download needed. The messenger app is available in select regions for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and all Android devices. You can simply download Messenger Kids from the App Store, Amazon Appstore, or Google Play Store.
Read Also; How can I work online from home and get paid
The Facebook Messenger kids were launched in 2017 after so many consultations from parenting organizations, child safety advocates, child development experts on the necessity to introduce a messaging app that lets kids have fun connecting with friends and family while the parents monitors and controls their experience on the platform.
Features of the Facebook Messenger Kids
Some of the features that make the messenger app very outstanding and interesting, is the ability of the parents to;
- Set up and manage their child’s Messenger Kids account through their own Facebook account
- See their child contacts and chat history
- Use their own Messenger account to message and video chat with a child who’s using Messenger Kids
- Monitor all devices where your child is logged in to Messenger Kids
- Request and download a copy of your child’s Messenger Kids information
How to Use Messenger Kids
- Meanwhile, to be able to manage the parental control panel for messenger kids;
- Firstly, Go to the Facebook app on our device
- Then click on more on the bottom right corner followed by the messenger kids in the explore section.
- At this point, you will see all the available controls, such as the ability to add people to your child’s approved contact list. Other parental controls include account creation, blocking, reporting, and account deletion.
“Meanwhile, let’s know if this post was helpful by sharing your opinion on, using the comments box below and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms”