Applications are currently invited for eligible high-potential athletes are invited to enjoy the benefits of the Elite Sport Scholar Award programme at Cardiff Metropolitan University in the UK.
The Cardiff Metropolitan University established in 1865, is a public university that offers education in various disciplines, including business, economics, arts, fashion, communications, and law. Meanwhile, this university provides Career Service facilities that bring several employment opportunities for the students. It organizes a plethora of job fairs to provide networking and employment opportunities.
However, the Elite Sport Scholar Award is designed for undergraduate, postgraduate, and international students that excel in sport (including performance and/or coaching). Similarly, the award is based upon a combination of academic merit and sporting achievements and can be applied for by students who meet the criteria set out in the eligibility section below.
Therefore, students who are successful in their application for the award will receive a package of scholarship benefits worth approximately £5,000 that includes:
- £1,000 discount from their program tuition fees
- Access to excellent facilities
- Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff
- Sports science support, including nutrition,
- psychology, physiology, biomechanics
- Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage
- Active yoga and recovery sessions
- Performance workshops
Meanwhile, to be eligible for a scholarship, athletes must:
- Be studying, or about to commence studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University (any course);
- Be competing in a recognised British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) sport and contribute to the University’s BUCs objectives;
- Be competing at an international level, or must be performing towards the highest level in their sport (e.g. national/international/professional);
- Be recommended by their NGB coach and/or the University’s coach in their sport.
How to Apply for Elite Sport Scholar Award
However, for applying, applicants need to take admission for an undergraduate and postgraduate degree at the university. After taking acceptance, all admitted freshman applicants can complete directly using their International Student Application Form for this grant.
Supporting Documents: You will also need to submit the following documents with your application: photocopies of your exam certificates and transcripts, statement of purpose/ personal statement,
Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a high school certificate or undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
Language Requirement: English language requirements will vary depending on your level of study.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
“Meanwhile, let’s know if this post was helpful by Sharing your opinion on, using the comments box below and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms”