Applications are invited for eligible candidates to apply for the Maurice Blackburn Bursary 2020.
The aim of the Blackburn Bursary 2020 is to provide extra support for students coming to the University who have previously received local authority care and are defined as ‘care leavers’, as determined in the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000.
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Fees Status: Home / EU
Mode of Study: Full-Time
- The bursary is a set amount of £1,500 paid to eligible students over two instalments during each year of study.
- The first instalment of £500 is paid upon approval of application following enrollment.
- The second instalment of £1,000 is paid upon successful completion of that year of study.
Therefore, to be eligible for the bursary Students must be;
- Studying for their first degree, have ‘home’ status.
- Paying the full tuition fee rate of £9,250 for the academic year
- Have received local authority care within the five years prior to the start of their course.
In order to apply for one of five $1,000 RTBU Maurice Blackburn Student Bursaries, please submit the following items:
1. This application form
2. Reference(s) from one or two non-family referees (see template enclosed, or provide your own)
3. A cover letter with information on yourself, including:
a. Your previous educational history and any achievements (i.e. awards, scholarships, sporting & academic results)
b. Your social and/or community involve mentor achievements (i.e. volunteer programs, charity work, sporting achievementsetc.), and
c. How the bursary will assist you in achieving your study and career goals.4.A copy of the Letter of Offer from your university or TAFE course.
How to Apply for Blackburn Bursary 2020
Meanwhile, applications for a Blackburn Bursary must be made through the Student Funding Team in the Student Support Centre, who can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you cannot be awarded both the Blackburn Bursary and Foyer/Supported Housing Bursary. If you have any questions, please call Maurice Blackburn on 1800 810 812 and ask to speak with Marketing.
“Meanwhile, let’s know if this post was helpful by Sharing your opinion on, using the comments box below and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms” Also feel free to ask a question, if you find any difficulty while applying for the Bursary and we shall get back to you within 2 hours.